Welcome to the CENC website
The Chronic Effects of Neurotrauma Consortium (CENC) is a coordinated, multicenter collaboration linking basic science, translational, and clinical neuroscience researchers from the VA, military, and academia to effectively address the long-term effects of mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI) and its diagnosis and treatment.
The Consortium brings together a nationwide group of researchers who have extensive track records of internal and external collaborations, demonstrated productivity in knowledge translation and dissemination, and the proven ability to recruit and follow up with research subjects.
To achieve our vision and mission, the CENC was designed with the following features:
- We have created a centralized organization that includes a dedicated Coordinating Center directed by senior academic TBI leaders of VA and DoD;
- We link major VA TBI/polytrauma centers with leading academic research universities and DoD centers, including Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Centers and military treatment facilities;
- Our leadership has extensive, long-term track records of collaborative TBI research;
- We have access to large military/VA relevant research subject populations; and
- We sponsor innovative and intersecting research projects that are designed to change practice in the near term and lay the groundwork for subsequent investigation.